Just a Family Tree…
Just a Family Tree...
Coronavirus - Due to the virus we are currently open part-time. Because we are a small business, it is difficult to remain open and to also protect the health of our staff. Telephones are switched off, but email is open.
We can offer the research outlined below with a PDF version instead of a paper chart. This means you will NOT receive a paper chart, but will be able to print off from the PDF file we send you.
If you wish to proceed with this option please use the code Chart1 to receive money off at checkout! (You will still be charged shipping, but your order total will be discounted).
Please be aware that because of record office closures our delivery times have been extended, this particularly applies to Scottish ancestry. If you are unsure about ordering, please send email by visiting Contact Us.
A no frills starter family tree perfect for those with a small budget. Because family trees can be very costly to research and can take years to discover, this small beginner's tree provides a foundation on which a large tree can be built.
It is possible to add further research to this tree later on if the genealogy bug grabs you or the gift recipient!
What you should know:
- This tree is researched for the gift recipient (or yourself) by a professional genealogist.
- It researches back to your/the gift recipient's eight great grandparents.
- Original first-hand records are consulted (not indexes or other family trees). All ancestors are verified to the correct standards.*
- You are not charged extra for us to view these original records (some genealogists will charge you extra).
- After research has finished, you will receive an A3 chart showing the names and dates of the gift recipient's (or your) ancestors (see image above).
- You will receive list of sources checked to assist you with future research (click illustration).
(*We do not verify the information you supply above)
Who can use this service?
Individuals who have English, Welsh or Scottish ancestors.
What's not included:
- Background information about the gift recipient's (your) ancestors.
- A genealogist's narrative describing the gift recipient's (your) ancestor's lives.
- An explanation of the research and its outcomes.
If you would like information about who your ancestor's were and how they lived, you might like to upgrade to one of our other Family History Packages.
What you need to begin:
First Name(s) and Surname of gift recipient and their date and place of birth.
First Name(s) and Surname of gift recipient's father and his date and place of birth.
First Name(s) and Maiden Surname of gift recipient's mother and her date and place of birth.
Other helpful information if you have it:
The marriage place and date of the gift recipient's parents. We will ask for this after you order.
How long does it take?
Please allow 5 weeks for research and 1 week for delivery.
Keep in mind that we have to acquire documents from sources outside of our business and are beholden to them with regards to delivery times.
Do you have a certificate I can give to the gift recipient for this service?
Unfortunately we do not have any certificates for this service, but if you wish to copy elements of this page, please do.
What happens after I place an order?
We will be in touch to confirm names and dates of gift recipient (or yourself) and parents. We will then start the research. After research has been conducted the chart will be rolled and dispatched in a protective tube.
Because this item is a bespoke service, we are unable to accept returns unless the item is faulty (Distance Selling Regulations).
Terms and Conditions
Once you buy this service, you are entering into a contract with us which is legally binding in a court of law, please read our Terms & Conditions.