Refunds and Delivery
In this policy we set out when you are entitled to receive a refund and how you can apply for a refund if you have ordered bespoke or non-bespoke items/services.
Section 1. Bespoke Items
The following items are classed as bespoke:
Category: Family History Research Packages.
“Just a Family Tree”
“Family History to 1850”
“Irish Family History to 1850”
“One Surname Family History Research Gift”
“Two Surname Family History Research Gift”
“Four Surname Family History Research Gift”
Category: Photo Colouring.
Category: Family Tree Charts
“My Family Tree (with Personalised Option)”
Category: Services for Family Historians
“Per Hour Research”
“Online Genealogy Advice Session”
“Organising and Printing Family Tree Research (Quote)
Under the Contract of Sale, you are entitled to a Refund if:
1. You have purchased one of the bespoke research items in the category Family History Research Packages as outlined above and no results can be found because:
- Not enough information has been supplied on the Application Form or during subsequent correspondence;
- Due to the nature of the family or families, research has halted permanently*;
- In this circumstance a refund will be supplied minus all research expenses, travel expenses or any other expenses incurred during research for the sole benefit of research from the payment made by the customer at the onset of research.
*As deemed by Family History Gifts and its partners as “unresearchable”, having explored all possible avenues of research first.
2. You decide the product is no longer required within 14 days after the order has been made. The exception to this is if the research process has already begun within the 14 days cancellation period, in which case you are no longer entitled to cancel under 28.b of The Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013. See Contact of Sale below.
While we usually process refunds immediately (excluding bank and public holidays), it may take 10 business days for the money to be credited to your account.
Contract of Sale
Our Contract of Sale with you is deemed to have commenced when we receive your order and payment. We do not offer the right to cancel your order for all of the bespoke items outlined above under Regulation 28.b (Part 3) of The Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 if we have already begun work on the bespoke service.
The Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013:
Limits of application: circumstances excluding cancellation
28.—(1) This Part does not apply as regards the following—
b) the supply of goods that are made to the consumer’s specifications or are clearly personalised;
1. Once you have received your family history report, as a bespoke product, it is non-cancellable and non-refundable, however if the item was damaged during delivery:
a. Contact us within 7 days of delivery. You will be required to take a photo or photos of the damaged item on the day it was received for evidence of the damage. We will replace the folder and papers with the exception of government documents, if sufficient evidence has been provided that the item was damaged in transit.
b. If the item was damaged during transit, please do not alter it in any way. You are liable for any diminished value of the family history report from the handling of the product in a way that is contrary to normal usage e.g. removal of pages from the folder, putting unnecessary force on the folder binding.
Refunds and Cancellations of Gift Experiences
1. If you wish to cancel an order for a Gift Experience you are required to do so within 14 days of purchase. To cancel within the 14 day period simply inform us in writing. Please allow 7 days for us to process your refund.
2. After 14 days no refund will be available.
Refunds are always made to the person who purchased the experience, and if originally purchased by credit card, the refund will be credited to the same card. If the card has expired you will need to request a refund in writing, quoting details of a new credit card. If you have a date specific or booked voucher then no refund or cancellation or other changes may be made.
3. We cannot cancel or refund orders after 14 days or if you have booked a date for the gift experience within the 14 day period.
All other non-bespoke items not listed above.
Non-bespoke faulty items
If your item is delivered faulty or damaged, please contact us as soon as possible so we can arrange for the item to be returned. We will either send you a return label or arrange a courier to pick up the item, a replacement or refund will be supplied to you at no extra cost.
Cancelling non-bespoke items
All items must be returned within 30 days, undamaged, and in their own original packaging. You will be required to cover the cost of postage when returning items to us. We will refund the purchase price paid upon receipt of the goods in their original condition.
Your statutory rights are not affected.
All items in our shop have their own delivery times and these are list under each individual product or service.